White Bean Fettuccini
- 8 ounces Buitoni Fettuccini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic sliced thinly
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 can Goya Cannellini Beans drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces asparagus ends trimmed
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling over final dish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta, cook according to package directions, before training pasta, reserve ½ cup of pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Trim ends of asparagus and then cut asparagus into one-inch pieces, set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and sliced garlic. Cook for about one minutes. Add in tomatoes, a sprinkle of salt and pepper and Italian seasoning. Cook until tomatoes begin to burst.
- Add in asparagus, tossing frequently cook for another 3 – 4 minutes.
- Now add in beans, cook until heated through. Taste for proper seasoning, and adjust as needed with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta and reserved pasta water, toss to heat through. Portion pasta onto 4 dishes and top with parmesan cheese if desired.
354 Calories; 62g Carbohydrate; 6g Fat; 17g protein; 526mg sodium; 9g Fiber
Recipe by: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN