Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 container soy milk yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil*
- 1/2 very ripe banana mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Organic Frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with 12 cupcake liners.
- Add both flours, baking soda and salt in a large bowl, whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk brown sugar, soy milk yogurt, almond milk, oil, banana and vanilla.
- Gently add wet ingredients into dry mixture and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula. Fold in blueberries, mix just until batter comes together. Careful not to over mix!
- Pour batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. Insert knife or cake tester into center of cupcake, if it comes out clean they’re done!
- Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
- *Tip: You can substitute canola oil for Vegan Butter if desired.
132 Calories; 28g carbohydrate; 1g fat; 3g protein; 2g fiber Recipe by: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA