Tuna White Bean Stuffed peppers
- 2 Bell peppers any color (green, red, orange or yellow)
- 1 5 ounce can Chicken of the Sea Solid White Tuna in water
- 1 cup Goya Organic Cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- ½ sweet onion minced
- 2 gloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat broiler in oven. Place peppers on a baking sheet, broil for about 5 minutes, turning frequently or until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small skillet over low-medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft and translucent. Add in beans, cook for about 2 minutes and remove from heat and place into a bowl.
- Add tuna, capers and light mayonnaise to the bean/onion mixture. Using a fork, break up the tuna. Stir in lemon juice, parsley, ground black pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Once the peppers are ready and you’ve removed them from the broiler, allow them to cool until you’re able to handle them with your hands.
- Cut the peppers in half, remove seeds and lay the halves on a dish. Fill each pepper with tuna/bean mixture and enjoy!
248 calories; 30g carbohydrate; 7g fat; 17g protein; 593mg sodium; 7g fiber
Recipe by Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA