Tuna-Pineapple Poke Bowl
- For the Tuna
- 1/2- pound Yellow Fin Tuna Steaks
- 1 Tablespoon lower sodium Soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sriracha
- Pineapple Bowl:
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- ½ seedless cucumber sliced
- 1 avocado cut into cubes
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked brown or jasmine rice warm
- 2 tablespoons slivered or sliced almonds
- Additional soy sauce and sriracha for serving
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil and sriracha in a small bowl. Pour over tuna steaks.
- Heat an outdoor gas grill or stove-top cast iron grill over high heat. Grill tuna 2 to 2 ½ minutes per side for rare. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile prepare pineapple bowls. Have all ingredients sliced and prepped before beginning.
- Split all ingredients between two bowls. Start by adding in rice, followed by pineapple, cucumber, avocado and sliced tuna steak. Top with scallions and almonds.
- Serve with soy sauce and sriracha if desired.