Ready to take classic fajitas to the next level? Enter Steak Fajita Stuffed Avocados, these Mexican inspired avocados will wow your guests! We have the fresh flavors of Pico de Gallo, sweet bell peppers and zesty fajita seasoned Ranchers’ Legend steak.
So let’s get cooking.
Steak Fajita Stuffed Avocados
- 1 pound porterhouse Steak
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2 Bell peppers seeded and sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1 envelope Fajita seasoning
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves chopped
- ¼ cup Mexican shredded cheese
- Trim any fat around the steak. Slice steak against the grain into strips, then cut strips into 2 inch pieces. Sprinkle ½ Fajita seasoning over steak and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice up onion and bell peppers.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add in onions, bell peppers and jalapeno pepper, cook until starting to soften, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn heat to high, add in remaining fajita seasoning over vegetables and push vegetables to one side of pan. Now add in seasoned steak, cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until steak appears cooked to medium doneness. Toss all ingredients together.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime over steak and vegetables, add in cilantro and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Now, cut avocado’s in half and remove pit. Scoop out some avocado to create a deep hole, repeat with remaining avocados. Fill each avocado half with steak & peppers. Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese and serve immediately.
- Chop and top each filled stuffed avocad
- Prepare a mini guacamole dip to accompany raw veggies
- Freeze it. Yup! Mash the avocado with lime juice, place into a freeze bag and squeeze out all the air. Freeze for up to 1 month.