As we approach the spring (I promise it’s gonna happen) 😂 I’m starting to think fresh, power salads. I love plant based protein and do incorporate several plant based meals a week! Here is one to add to your meal rotation, its hearty and absolutely bursting with flavor!
Quinoa Lentil Power Salad
Prep: 15-20 minutes
Makes: 2 Servings
· ½ lemon, juiced
· 1 tsp spicy mustard
· ½ cup cooked quinoa*
· ½ cup cooked lentils*
· ½ cup shelled edamame (thawed if frozen)
· 2 tablespoons minced red onion
· ½ red or orange bell pepper, finely chopped
· 1 cup diced Mango
· ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
· ½ avocado, cubed
· Salt & pepper to taste
1. Combine lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl, mix well. Place quinoa and lentils in a separate bowl and toss with lemon juice mixture.
2. Add remaining ingredients, edamame through avocado. Season with salt and pepper. Chill before eating if desired or enjoy at room temperature.
*Note: Cook quinoa and lentils according to package directions, be sure all water has evaporated or drain before using in recipe.
Nutrition Information for 1 ¾ cup:
296 Calories; 46g carbohydrate; 14g protein; 10g fat; 620mg sodium; 12g fiber
Recipe: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA