Quick Beef & Vegetable Casserole
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ sweet onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound Green Way 93% Lean Ground Beef
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 1 8-ounce bag fresh spinach
- ¾ cup of finely shredded Mexican cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil coating with cooking spray. Place broccoli in single layer and drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Roast for a bout 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile; heat a Dutch oven over medium high heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add in bell pepper, onion and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Add in ground beef, mixing constantly and breaking up into small bits, cook until no longer pink. Stir in salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and red pepper. Top with spinach, cover for 2 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Remove broccoli from oven, add to beef and vegetables in Dutch oven.
- Mix well to combine.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray, add half of beef and vegetables, then sprinkle with half of shredded cheese, than again remaining beef/vegetables and lastly top with remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes just until cheese melted. Serve and enjoy!
• Enjoy casserole as a filling for tacos and wraps.
• Mix in cooked rice or pasta in step 4 after spinach is wilted.
• Use frozen broccoli to save time, defrost & warm before adding beef mixture. Nutrition information (1 cup):
223 Calories; 8g carbohydrate; 13g fat (5.5g saturated, 2g Monounsaturated); 20g protein; 562mg sodium; 3g fiber