Hands up for Quick and Easy Meals!
It’s Monday, and we’re off to the races! Quick and easy meals on a Monday night are a dream come true, especially when they support your weight loss goals! This supper quick main meal can go for lunch to dinner, just add in your favorite fiber rich carb like quinoa or whole wheat pasta and make half your plate vegetables #easypeasy
Truth be told, I whipped this up using left over grilled chicken and it was delicious! Meals that are weight-loss friendly don’t have to be boring or repetitive. Enjoy!
Prep: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
· 1.5 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin cutlets
· Olive oil
· Lemon juice
· 2 Tbsp store bought pesto (add more if desired)
· 3 ripe plum tomatoes, sliced
· 1 tbsp Balsamic glaze or vinegar
· Salt & pepper
· Fresh basil
1. Heat a gas grill to medium heat. Season chicken with salt, pepper, drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice.
2. Cook chicken on both sides until cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes total. Transfer chicken to oven proof dish.
3. Meanwhile preheat broiler in oven (see note).
4. Top each chicken breast cutlet with sliced tomatoes and pesto. Place under broiler for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with chopped basil.
5. Serve immediately.
NOTE: You can skip this step if desired and go to step 4 and serve immediately without placing under broiler.
Nutrition Information (6oz chicken & topping):273 Calories; 65g carbohydrate; 10g Fat; 46g protein; 629mg sodium; 2g fiber