Oatmeal Pancakes with Blueberry Compote
- ¾ cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup Silk Oat Milk + 1 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Greenway large Egg
- Blueberry Compote
- ½ cup Greenway Frozen Fruit
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour ¼ cup batter onto griddle for each pancake, brown on both sides.
- Serve warm.
- To prepare compote, place frozen berries in a saucepan over medium heat, add sugar and lemon juice, simmer for about 8 minutes. Serve at room temperature.
- *This is a recipe for Buttermilk which can easily be prepared by combining any milk product with an acid like lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
- Make-ahead tip: Cooked pancakes can be stored in the refrigerator in a sealed freezer bag for up to two-days and one-month in the freezer. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight or in the microwave. Can be reheated in a 350°F oven for
107 calories; 13g carbohydrate; 5g fat; 3g protein; 1g fiber