Lower Fat, No Mayo Egg Salad
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 Asparagus spears rough ends removed
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons minced chives
- Salt & pepper
- For the Eggs: Place eggs in a large pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Add in asparagus spears, cover pot and turn off heat. Let eggs sit for 8 minutes (see note). After 3 minutes, remove asparagus from pot, cover again to allow eggs to continue cooking.
- Remove eggs and place in an ice bath to cool. Once cool, peel eggs and cut into large chunks. Cut asparagus spears into 1 inch pieces.
- In a medium size bowl add Greek yogurt, mustard, red onion, cilantro and chives. Fold in chopped egg and asparagus, season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Note: For soft cooked eggs, remove eggs from boiled water after 6 minutes, cook up to 12 minutes for a hard cooked egg.
- Serve egg salad with crusty whole grain bread, on lettuce wraps or with crackers.
187 Calories; 5g Carbohydrate; 18g Protein; 10g Fat; 344mg Sodium; 1g Fiber
Recipe by Jacqueline Gomes, MBA, RDN