Lemon & Basil Grilled Salmon over Chickpea Salad
- For the Salmon
- 4 6-ounce Atlantic Salmon Fillets (skin on)
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup parsley
- 5 Basil leaves
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 lemon cut in half
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- For the Bean Salad
- 1 can 15.5 ounce Goya Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup minced red onion
- ½ green bell pepper finely chopped
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes sliced in half
- ½ cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- For the bean salad, place all ingredients chickpeas through red wine vinegar in a large bowl, toss well and refrigerate until ready to serve salmon.
- Preheat outdoor grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill with aluminum foil or a grill sheet (this will make it easier to remove the salmon after it’s cooked).
- Using a mini food processor, place garlic, parsley, basil, lemon zest and a drizzle of olive oil in processor, pulse 5 to 6 times. Alternatively, you can finely chop these ingredients and place into a bowl.
- Squeeze lemon juice over all 4 fillets. Season salmon with salt & pepper, using a spoon spread garlic and herb mixture over salmon.
- Place grill sheets or foil on grill. Place salmon, skin side down on grill sheets with lid closed for about 10 minutes. Lift grill and test salmon for doneness, flesh will be firm when pressed, a food thermometer should read 140 degrees F.
- Remove salmon and serve alongside chick pea salad.
*Nutrition facts are approximate; values may vary based on actual quantities used in your kitchen.