Spring is finally here! With each new seasonal transition comes a new harvest of fruits and vegetables. Spring brings in a bounty of fresh fruits and vegetables that can help us to feel more energized and looking forward to the warmer months ahead.
Spring into shape by expanding your culinary horizons and incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your meals.
- Cold salads are an easy place to start: Load your salad with nutrients coming from salad greens, tomatoes, nuts, cucumbers and fruits.
- Give your spring salad a protein boost with hard boiled egg, tuna fish, edamame, tofu, cheese or grilled chicken.
- Try crunchy vegetables instead of chips with your favorite low-fat yogurt dressing for dipping.
- Keep cut vegetables handy for mid-afternoon snacks, side dishes, lunch box additions or a quick nibble while waiting for dinner.
- Ready to eat favorites include red, green or yellow peppers, broccoli or cauliflower florets, carrots and cucumbers!
Grilled Vegetables with Herby Yogurt Dip
- For the Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup Chobani® fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- ½ juice of a lemon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 grinds fresh black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons fresh herbs any combination of basil, chives, parsley, or cilantro
- For the Vegetables
- 1 Eggplant sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 Yellow squash sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 Sweet onion sliced into rings
- 1 bell pepper cut into 4 thick slices
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh herbs thyme, basil, parsley, or 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- Cooking spray.
- Prepare the yogurt dressing. Combine yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper and fresh herbs in a small bowl. Refrigerate.
- Now slice all vegetables, season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil and fresh herbs. Brush vegetables with olive oil mixture.
- Heat an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill and spray with cooking spray. Grill vegetables on both sides until charred, serve warm or at room temperature with yogurt dressing.