Sweet & Savory Tuna Kebabs
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup low-sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame peanut, or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 ½ pounds Yellowfin Tuna Steaks cut into bite-sized chunks
- 16 mini-bell peppers*
- Cremini mushrooms
- 1 large sweet onion cut into 1-inch squares
- 8 12-inch wooden skewers
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl stir together marinade ingredients (cilantro through sesame seeds). Set aside half of the marinade. Now, add tuna chunks to bowl and toss to coat. Refrigerate for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove tuna from marinade. Boil remaining marinade for 2 minutes and set aside. Assemble kebabs by threading tuna, peppers, mushrooms and onion onto the skewers.
- Heat outdoor grill (or grill pan) over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray and grill tuna kebabs until lightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes, turning halfway through. Brush kebabs with boiled marinade just before removing from grill.
- Serve kebabs immediately and drizzle with reserved marinade if desired.
269 calories; 9g carbs; 6g fat; 26g protein; 378mg sodium; 1g fiber