Cantaloupe is a delicious summer fruit with so many health benefits.
Cantaloupe is a juicy orange fruit that is related to watermelon and honeydew melons.
It’s filled with compounds called phytonutrients. Phytonutrients boost immunity and help fight off diseases.
Cantaloupe is rich in fiber, water and vitamin C!
When choosing a cantaloupe, look for a firm melon with no obvious bruising .
They should feel heavy for their size and appear a bit more yellow as that may indicate that it’s sweeter.
You can enjoy cantaloupe with sweet or savory foods such as a cold summer soup or with cheese & prosciutto.
Melon Yogurt Pops
Prep: 5 minutes
Freeze: 2 hours or overnight
Makes: 4 pops
· 1 very rice cantaloupe melon
· 1 vanilla Greek yogurt
· 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
· 4 paper cups (about 6 ounce cup) or ice pop molds
1. Place melon, yogurt and lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Divide mixture between ice pop molds or small paper cups. Tip: Leave some room at the top for pops to expand.
3. If using paper cups, place aluminum foil over tops and place wooden stick directly through the middle. Freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight. If using ice pop molds, use as directed.
4. Once frozen, remove foil and paper cup OR pull ice pop from ice pop mold.
Nutrition information for one pop:
46 calories; 9g carbs; 0g fat; 3g protein; 19g sodium; <1g fiber
Recipe by: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA