Easy Black Bean Tacos
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 15 ounce can Green Way Black beans, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce puree
- 8 Corn tortillas or hard shells
- 1 ripe Haas Avocado pitted and cut into small cubes
- 1 ripe mango diced
- ½ lime juiced
- ½ cup finely shredded Mexican cheese
- Handful cilantro finely chopped
- Siracha optional
- Prepare the beans: Add oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in black beans, spices and tomato sauce. Heat for another 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile prep remaining ingredients (avocado, mango, lime cilantro) add to a bowl to combine.
- Assemble tacos: Evenly fill tacos with black beans, mango, avocado, cilantro, top with shredded cheese & drizzle with siracha if desired.
218 Calories; 7g protein; 33g carbohydrate; 6g fat; 374mg sodium; 5g fiber
Recipe by: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA