Fish can sometimes be intimidating; but really its such an easy protein to prepare. Cod in particular is super light in flavor and texture, so most people enjoy it without much fuss. It’s very low in fat, making it an ideal fish to pair with olives, capers and definitely some olive oil.
When this came out of the oven, it smelled Devine!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Easy Baked Tomato-Olive Cod
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
· 1.5 lbs Cod filets
· 4 garlic cloves, minced
· ¼ cup chopped parsley
· ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced in half
· 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
· Salt and pepper
· ½ tsp oregano
· ½ tsp red pepper flakes
· 1 tbsp Olive oil
· 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree.
2. Place cod in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano.
3. Top with garlic and parsley. Drizzle with olive oil.
4. Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes. If desired can broil top before serving for 3 to 4 minutes to crisp.
5. Remove from oven and squeeze lemon juice over top. Serve with quinoa, rice or pasta.
243 Calories; 4g Carbohydrate; 41g Protein; 6g Fat; 330mg Sodium; 0g Fiber