Crunchy Taco Cups with Avocado-Mango Salsa
- 6 Mission® Taco Flour or Corn Tortillas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Mango Salsa
- 2 ripe Haas Avocado pitted and cut into small cubes
- 1 ripe mango diced
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 1 lime juiced
- Handful cilantro finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Taco Cup Topping
- ¾ cup Sargento® finely shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes finely chopped
- Drizzle of Siracha optional
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add in chopped onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft and translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn heat to high and add ground beef, cook until browned (about 10 minutes). Add taco seasoning and follow directions on taco packet for the addition of water (if needed). Mix well and turn off heat.
- If using small taco tortillas, cut in half, if using large tortillas, cut into quarters.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with one tortilla half and press firmly into the cup until it takes holds so it will take the shape of the muffin cup when baked.
- Place muffin tin into the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown (careful not to burn).
- Meanwhile, prepare Salsa: Combine avocado , mango, red onion and juice of lime, cilantro and a pinch of salt into a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Remove muffin tin from oven. Fill each cup with ground beef followed by spoonful of salsa and chopped tomato. Sprinkle each taco cup with shredded cheese and siracha if desired. Enjoy!