Crispy Chicken thighs over White Beans
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs (fat trimmed)
- ½ large onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- Salt & pepper
- 1 15-ounce Can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, once hot add chicken thighs. Cook 5 minutes each side until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add in onions and peppers, and a pinch of salt; cook until soft, about 5 to 8 minutes. If pan is dry, add in ½ cup chicken stock or water.
- Turn heat to low, add beans to the pan and stir to combine with onions and peppers. Stir in pesto and top with chicken thighs, pour in any juices from chicken, cover and warm through for about 2 minutes and serve.
406 Calories; 24g carbohydrate; 16g fat, 42g protein; 537mg sodium; 8g fiber