As I sit here looking out at what seems to be 3 feet of snow (😬) I’m enjoying this absolutely delicious veggie soup. No, seriously guys, this one is even for the veggie haters. Its so, so good!
I prepared it yesterday in about 30 minutes and I don’t think all 9 cups will make it past 48 hours. Veggie soups are a great way to get your vegetables servings in. You can make a great big pot of it and will keep in the fridge for several days.
You can totally freeze the left overs! I hope you love it as much as I do!
Cozy Veggie Soup
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Total time: ~30 minutes
Makes: 9 (1 cup) Servings
· 5 large carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
· 1 bunch Asparagus (1 pound), tough ends trimmed and chopped
· 3 zucchini (1.5 pounds), peeled and sliced into rounds
· 1 small head of cauliflower (14 oz), coarsely chopped
· 4 cups chicken stock or broth
· 1 chicken bouillon cube (optional)
1. In a large pot add broth, bouillon cube and sliced carrots. Bring to a boil. Add in asparagus. Cook 5 minutes.
2. Lower heat to medium, add in zucchini and cauliflower, continue to cook for 20 minutes or until all vegetables are soft.
3. Using a large wooden spoon, break up vegetables into bite size pieces as desired.
Nutrition information for 1 cup:
46 calories; 9g carbohydrate; 3g protein; 0g fat; 553mg sodium; 3g fiber