You may know Vitamin C as a super antioxidant that can help support a healthy immune system but did you also know it can support healthy skin and eye health too!
Navel organs are known for their rich source of vitamin C. This powerful antioxidant could possibly reduce the duration of a cold by as much as 8% in adults.
Vitamin C is needed to produce collagen, a necessary protein for wound healing. And finally, there is some research to support that vitamin C may slow the progression of age-related eye disease.
Let’s freshen up our winter days with a sweet & spicy salsa. My Citrus salsa is a great addition to grilled fish and chicken or serve with tortilla chips!
Freshen up your winter days with this sweet and spicy salsa. Serve with whole grain tortilla chips or top over grilled fish or chicken.
Prep: 15 minutes
Makes: 8 (1 cup) Servings
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 2 medium Navel oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 medium mango diced
- ½ small red onion, minced
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled & diced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, pineapple through olive oil. Let sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Serve with your favorite chips or over grilled fish or chicken.
82 Calories; 16g Carbohydrate; 2g Fat; 1g Protein; 75mg Sodium; 4g Fiber
Recipe: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA