Avocado, Broccoli & Egg Waffle Sandwich
- 2 Eggo Waffles
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup frozen broccoli florets thawed
- ½ ripe avocado
- ¼ teaspoon Everything Bagel seasoning*
- Salt & pepper
- Cooking spray
- Toast waffles according to package directions.
- Beat egg in a small bowl, sprinkle with salt & pepper
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. When warm, spray with cooking spray, add broccoli and top with beaten egg. Cook for 2 minutes, turn over and continue until egg is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cut avocado in half and score with slices and remove to a dish.
- Assemble your waffle Sandwich. Place one waffle on plate, top with sliced avocado, sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning, top with cooked egg and then second waffle, serve immediately.
382 calories; 17g protein; 65g carbohydrate; 23g fat; 8g fiber
Recipe: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN